No one has done more for sport...
...over 200 tears of service & innovation.
/ Congrats to Scotland on winning the EVE TROPHY as the unbeaten winners of the Women's Home Internati...
/ ''Vicky Goldie our Sales Director, enjoyed meeting some of Team Taylor today in between the showers,...
/ Great News for all Bowls enthusiasts within reach of Skegness! ANDY THOMSON MBE, World Lawn and Indo...
/ Thanks to Claire for this great picture winner of our Taylor Bowls Cap..Looking good......
/ Wales rocking it in their all red clothing at the Women's Internationals in Edinburgh ... Luv it!!...
Answers to our most frequently asked questions are below but remember you can always email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other enquiries.
Lawn Bowls is a vibrant and accessible sport that can be played and enjoyed by all ages, both indoors and outdoors. Lawn Bowls is popular world-wide and, because of its competitiveness, skill and the fact that it is a non-contact sport, the game suits people from teen years through to their nineties. For an in-depth overview, see About Lawn Bowls within The Clubhouse section.
If you are interested in taking up the sport, pop into your local club for a chat. If you’re not sure where your nearest club is, our Links section might help direct you to your country’s governing body as a good starting point. For advice on the best bowl for you, ask your local retailer or view our bowls online.
We have done our best to provide an easy to navigate, comprehensive list of all Taylor Bowls distributors and stockists worldwide in our Stockists section, and we are constantly updating this. If you can’t find a stockist, please don’t hesitate to email Head Office on email@example.com and we will point you in the right direction.
“I use the ACE – it’s a good all-round model, suitable for any position from lead through to skip and reliable in any situation both indoors and out.”
“There is a Taylor Bowl to suit every playing condition. I have confidence in all the models and regularly switch between them.”
While your local retailer will have a selection of pre-engraved bowls for you to choose from we aim to be as flexible as possible, allowing you to specify engraving to suit you if placing an order with us.
A selection of our most popular emblems are shown here, however an extensive variety – around 3500 – are available, please ask for details when ordering.
We are also able to engrave special orders, including engraving on the outside edge of the bowl between the scores and the grip. Further details and costs available on request.
Heavy weight and Medium weight bowls run with the same bias. Medium weight bowls tend to run on further on slow greens. Heavy weight bowls are more suitable for indoor or fast outdoor surfaces.
If a bowl gets chipped, this is not necessarily a manufacturing fault. The chip may have been the result of a bowl striking a sharp object – a stone in a ditch or a nail etc. Most chips can be repaired but Taylors would ask you to return any damaged bowl for inspection and analysis.
While some of our models are suitable on any surface and in a variety of conditions, others are developed specifically for conditions in a particular country or for a particular surface. The Redline-SR, for example, is ideal for most southern hemisphere conditions, but not suitable for the UK.
Legality, Testing and Stamping
The 'Master Bowl' is a working reference bowl that all manufacturers and testers use to determine the legality of new and existing models via a table test. All of the current Master Bowls are produced by Taylor Bowls.
This is an oval shaped stamp designed for the new World Bowls Limited. It is an essential requirement for bowls to be legal for competition play. The letter 'A' on the stamp signifies that the bowls were made by Taylor Bowls in Glasgow. The Manufacturing date of the bowls is 10 years before the date stamp on the bowls i.e. Bowls stamped '25' were manufactured in 2015.
Each bowl in a set should carry an identical serial number.
Please check with your relevant Bowling Association, as different rules apply for different Bodies and in different countries ie., Men/Women and Indoor/Outdoors.
Taylor Bowls will Test and Stamp your bowls at their Glasgow factory. Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0141 554 5255 for further details.
Inside Bowler - March 2016 Competition to Win a Set of SRV or SR Taylor Bowls
Note: To enter this competition simply email us at email@example.com with your name and quote the reference "Inside Bowler Competition March 2016". No purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
1. Competitions are open to all aged 18 and over.
2. Competitions are not open to employees or agencies of Taylor Bowls Ltd (TBL)
3. This competition is promoted by TBL. Entrants may share this information on social media platforms but this by no means implies that this competition is endorsed, promoted, administered, sponsored or in any way associated with any company other than TBL.
5. TBL reserves the right to withdraw, amend or change this competition at any time and without prior notice.
6. The competition require full names and email addresses to be submitted to ensure a valid entry.
7. The winner will be notified on 23 March 2016 by TBL after the competition closing date of 12 noon (UK time) 22 March 2016. The winner will be drawn at random and will be notified. TBL will also announce the winner on their website/social media.
8. By registering for this competition you are giving permission to TBL to email you with news and occasional offers. Your data is treated with the utmost care and we will never sell or give details of your data to any third parties. You can unsubscribe from this email communication at any time by following the unsubscribe links on individual emails.
9. This competition is governed by UK law.